TBC Artists' Collective has announced an open call for submissions to its March 2011 12-Pages project. Applicants are asked to submit a new work under the theme of PINPOINT INTROSPECTIVE, guest-edited by Elizabeth Oniri.
All responses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, 31 March 2011 to be considered for inclusion within the April online issue of 12-Pages.
"To understand ourselves as humans, artists and global citizens we are sometimes required to take a look at our inner selves. This self-examination is essential with regards to our mental health, helping us to better understand how and what we produce not just as artists, designers and wordsmiths but also as humans.
For some years I have worked in a museum, which has had a strong impact on the way I research. I have come to realise that learning from the past can sometimes help us to understand the future, and why we set certain standards within society. Thus, for this issue of 12-Pages, I would like to ask contributors to use the inspiration gleaned from a pinpoint introspective, to create new work."
Style for online publication
· Send all images as JPEGs, minimum 72dpi, max 150dpi, min 400Kb, max 1Mb
· Send all text as .doc, unless presented as a ‘drawing’ or ‘image’ in PDF format. Limit text to 3,000 words.
· If the contributing artist has a clear idea as to how they want their work to be displayed, submit the desired layout as a PDF. However, the editor’s decision is final.
· Issuu.com is the current publication host for 12-Pages. There are no page number limits (within reason).
Style for potential print publication
· Send all images as JPEGs, min 300dpi, min 1Mb
· Text guidelines as above
· Send to editor or email@example.com via WeTransfer
· 12-Pages does not accept previously published material, and expects exclusive rights to such material prior to the relevant issue’s publication
· Post-publication, material can be re-printed or published, crediting 12-Pages and the relevant issue where possible.
· Editor-in-chief has final say over all editorial decisions.